Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Trials of Being Left Handed

So I went to eat lunch with my friend Jason B who was in town for Christmas.  We went to Genghis Grill which is Jason's favorite place to eat.  If you're not familiar with how this dining experience works, you basically get to build your own meal.  You start at the meat end, work your way down through the vegetables and end with a sauce/dressing.  Well they have about 10-12 different sauces to baste your meal in so they provide you with little plastic tasting spoons at that particular station.  There are two cups holding spoons...........one on the left, and one on the right.  Of course, being left handed, it made perfect sense to grab for the spoons on the left.  I sampled the spicy sauce and opted to combine it with the garlic one.  Hmmmm, where to place my used spoon.  That was the question now.  Well, I took a closer look and realized the reason for the two spoon cups.  The one on the right was for the clean spoons; the one on the left was for the used.  I had used an already used spoon for my sampling!!!  Talk about a stomach churner.  The trials of being left handed.

By they way, Jake is going through a funny stage right now.  He's flip-flopped his dominant hand.  What he used to do with his right hand (eat, write, etc.), he's now doing with his left.  Is this normal?  We don't tell him anything because we'll let him do what comes naturally to him.  But I was just curious if that was something that could change..........favoring the opposite hand as a child got older.

No comments:

Post a Comment