Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Jake starts Pre-K


We are finally starting to get back some normalcy in our lives and the first starts with Jake starting Pre-K.  He was so excited to start Pre-K he could hardly stand it!  I think that he is even more excited about getting to eat the cafeteria lunch and being surprised with what he gets served that day!  

We're finally here!


His smile makes things all better

Ayden is sitting down, too, thinking that he is going to stay
Jake and his teacher, Mrs. Brewer

This first day of Pre-K for Jake was a hard mommy day for me.  Thanks to Danielle, for listening to that rough mommy day I had!  When I dropped Jake off, I realized that I was so scared to leave Jake because I would not be there to watch out for him.  This is where my faith had to step in.  I had to have faith that Jake would be watched by his teachers and staff at his school.  Of course, I had to coach Jake with when someone gets too close to your ear, tell them to watch out, etc.  Just to see that huge smile on Jake's face, made things so much easier for me!  It definitely made that faith come alive.

Jake had a great first day, overall!  Jake has always loved school so I did not think that I would have any trouble with him, but Ayden, on the other hand, surprised me.  He was screaming through the entire school all the way out to the car when we said good-bye to Jake.  Ayden wanted to stay so bad and even sat at the table with Jake when we dropped him off.  I had decided not to put Ayden in Pre-school this year, but after this temper tantrum that he had, made me think otherwise.  It actually broke my heart that maybe he feels that he is missing out on fun stuff, too.  So mommy found him a pre-school that I hope he enjoys.  He is now happily saying that he is going to go to baby school since Jake is going to big boy school.  We shall see how his first day goes next week.  Stay tuned for that update :)!  


Overall, life has been extremely good considering the circumstances and recovery of Jake.  I could not have asked for a better spirited child regardless of what he has gone through!  I can honestly say that Jake's positive attitude has made things so much easier on Joel and me.  I am still having those days of paranoia as far as how active Jake is being while recovering.  I still get feelings of anger,  and occasionally cry because of the grieving that I am still going through.  It has not been easy for me to this day to absorb, but I truly feel that it is going to take time, my time.  It has gotten easier, but the pain is still there deep in my heart.  I'm trying!  One of our dear friends heard something at church and felt that he needed to share it with me in order to help me heal and get an answer to my why's.  He said that sometimes there are friends who God takes out of your life, because you lean on them more than you lean on Him.  I thought that it was a great and important message for me to hear.  So if you hear of a message and thinks that it will help me in some way, I would love to hear them!  Life has moved on and is continuing to be busy.  However, please continue to say prayers for Jake.  Please pray that his graft is intact and is healing the way it should, that he is watched over while at school, that no infection occurs, and that he regains his hearing when this is all said and done.  We are still left in limbo on what lies in the future for Jake....so any and all prayers will be so ever appreciated and heartfelt!  It means so much that you check on our family through our blog..........


Lots of love,
Joel, Annette, Jake, and Ayden



No comments:

Post a Comment